Puno and Lake Titicaca Tour
With this 2-day tour, you will experience the best of life in the city of Puno and spend a full day visiting the two most important islands on Lake Titicaca, the Uros, and Taquile Islands.
Day 1: Puno Arrival
Welcoming reception, briefing and transfer to your hotel in Puno. Depending on your arrival time, you may have time to visit the pre-Incan burial site of Sillustani. Sillustani originated with the Colla Culture before being conquered y the Inca in the 15th century. The tombs are towers called chullpas that contained the remains of entire family groups.
In the evening you will walk the streets of Puno, visit the main plaza and enjoy one of the many wonderful restaurants offering local dishes.
Optional: Sillustani Tour
Day 2: Uros and Taquile Islands
You will have an early transfer from your hotel to the docks on the shores of Lake Titicaca where you will take a boat to the islands of the Uros. The Uros are amazing floating islands built from totora reeds. These islands were created by the Uros culture to escape the conquest of the Incas as they expanded their empire into the region. While the last of the original inhabitants of the islands died off in the 1950’s, the local peoples continue the traditions and cultural expositions.
From the Uros you will re-board your boat and head for Taquile Island. On this hilly island, the inhabitants maintain their ancestral traditions, colorful dress, and artisanal crafts. You will enjoy a box lunch on the island before returning to the city in the afternoon.
At the scheduled time, you will be transferred to the airport or bus station with your check-in and departure.
Optional: Speed boat
End of Services
Includes / Not Included
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Puno
- Pick up from hotels to the port
- English – Spanish guide.
- Entrance fees to the Uros & Taquile Islands.
- Traditional boat transportation.
- Lunch in Taquile.
- Transfer fron your hotel to the bus station or airport
This tour is suggested for all the family between 12 to 60 years old.
What to bring?
- A light day pack to carry all the necessary things for you.
- Water bottle, after drink them, please keep the plastic bottles on the boat that will bring again to Puno, don’t leave them on the islands.
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses, disinfecting alcohol and gel, and toilet paper.
- Full charged camera, cellphones or electronic devices.
- Money for snacks, souvenirs, etc. (in Peruvian soles).
- Two kind of clothes, temperature in the morning is cold, during the day is hot, and during the afternoon is cold/windy.
- Walking shoes or boots (In Taquile we will walk 30-40 min uphill and go down by long stairs).
- Waterproof clothes (In rainy season from December to March).