Homestay on Lake Titicaca
For those who have the time to add Puno to their itinerary, a visit to the highest navigable lake in the world will not disappoint. Puno and Lake Titicaca are the folklore capital of Peru with dances and cultural expressions that create vibrancy unique to the region.
With this 3-day tour, you will experience two full days of life on the islands of Lake Titicaca including an overnight homestay on the island of Amantani. You will immerse yourself in local traditions and to experience the warm hospitality of the local inhabitants of these culture-rich islands.
Day 1: Puno Arrival
Welcoming reception, briefing and transfer to your hotel in Puno. Depending on your arrival time, you may have time to visit the pre-Incan burial site of Sillustani. These tombs were built by the Colla culture. The Collas were later conquered by the Inca in the 15th century. The tombs are towers called chullpas that when discovered, contained the remains of entire family groups.
In the evening you will walk the streets of Puno, visit the main plaza and enjoy one of the many wonderful restaurants offering local cuisine.
Optional: Sillustani Tour
Day 2: Uros and Amantani Islands
You will transfer early from your hotel to the docks on the shores of Lake Titicaca. From there you will board a boat for your first stop to the islands of the Uros. The Uros are amazing floating islands built from totora reeds. The islands were created by the Uros culture to escape the conquest of the Incas as they expanded their empire into the region. While the last of the original inhabitants of the islands died off in 1950’s, the local peoples continue the traditions and cultural expositions.
From the Uros you will board the boat for the island of Amantani. Here you will be welcomed by the local community and invited to dance and dine and live the experience of their ancient traditions. After what will likely be one of the most interesting evenings of your life, you will retire to spend the night in a comfortable room provided by one of the families on the island.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Overnight: Amantani Island
Optional: Speed boat
Day 3: Taquile Island
After an early breakfast you will re-board the boat and head for Taquile Island. On this hilly island, the inhabitants maintain their ancestral traditions, colorful dress, and artisanal crafts. You will enjoy lunch on the island before returning to the city in the afternoon.
At the scheduled time you transfer to the airport or bus station for your check-in and departure.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
End of Services
Includes / Not Included
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Puno
- Pick up from hotels to the port
- English – Spanish guide.
- Entrance fees to the Uros , Amantani & Taquile Islands.
- Traditional boat transportation.
- Lunch in Taquile.
- Transfer fron your hotel to the bus station or airport
This tour is suggested for all the family between 12 to 60 years old.
What to bring?
- A light day pack to carry all the necessary things for you.
- Water bottle, after drink them, please keep the plastic bottles on the boat that will bring again to Puno, don’t leave them on the islands.
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses, disinfecting alcohol and gel, and toilet paper.
- Full charged camera, cellphones or electronic devices.
- Money for snacks, souvenirs, etc. (in Peruvian soles).
- Two kind of clothes, temperature in the morning is cold, during the day is hot, and during the afternoon is cold/windy.
- Walking shoes or boots (In Taquile we will walk 30-40 min uphill and go down by long stairs).
- Waterproof clothes (In rainy season from December to March).